We are all done now for 2018!
And what a con it was. Thanks to our Guests of Honour, Rob Hood and Lee Murray (the best Emergency GOH ever!) and MC Rob Porteous (aka Irony Man), and thanks to all our presenters, workshop convenors and panel members. Thanks to Uncle Mingku for his warm and thought-provoking Welcome to Ngunnawal and Ngambri Country. Thanks also to our indefatigable Conflux Committee and con volunteers, without whom there would be no con. And a massive thank you to all our Conflux 14 attendees – it’s your presence and participation that makes Conflux such a wonderful, warm, welcoming place to be.
A few announcements!
The winners of the CSFG-Conflux 14 Short Story Competition were:
- C H Pearce, with Flipping the Fat on Middle Fifth
- Andrew Old, with Sea Wolf
- A G Cook, with Program Anne
The winners of the Conflux 14 Art Show were:
- The E G Harvey Prize for Australian Speculative Art: Keely Van Order for Isomorphic Transformations
- Best Professional 2-dimensional artwork: Shauna O’Meara for Lakeside
- Best Amateur 2-dimensional artwork: Alistair Ott for Sketches
- Best Amateur 3-dimensional artwork: Dion Perry for Mutual Respect
- Best Amateur digital artwork: Llewllyn Dobbs for Spirit of Nature
And, finally, we will see you all again next year, for Conflux 15:
What Lies Beneath…
With Guest of Honour Thoraiya Dyer
Author of the Titan’s Forest Series